1st Best national practice and experience from Greece
|Name of the good practice:||Womanitee Project|
|Name of the organisations or institution in charge:||
Central Union of Municipalities of Greece (KEDE)
Ministry of Development and Investments
|1st project year||2019|
|Is the project ongoing? (time alive)||Yes|
|Website of the organisations||
Womanitee Project: www.womanitee.gr/
Central Union of Municipalities of Greece (KEDE): https://www.kedke.gr/el/index.php
Ministry of Development and Investments: http://www.mindev.gov.gr/
Presentation/Description of the method
Womanitee project represents the first centers for female entrepreneurship in Greece. It is an initiative of the Central Union of Municipalities of Greece (KEDE), with the co-operation of all Municipalities and the support of Ministry of Development and Investments.
Main aim of the project is to empower and support women across Greece, to be entrepreneurs.
Mission of the Womanitee project is the strengthen of women who desire to develop their businesses, through education, information and by providing to them the tools they need, in order to take the next step in their career. In addition via project women are being helped for their reintegration into the labor market.
Each municipality participating in Womanitee project supports women who wants to be or already are entrepreneurs, by providing to them services for their development, promotion, financing and networking.
Women through project will have the opportunity to strengthen their career and gain the necessary skills and knowledge with the help of specialized consultants and monitoring training sessions.
The benefits of Womanitee project are:
- Guidance in entrepreneurship
- Mentoring for the proper functioning and development of their company
- Reintegration into the labor market
- Knowledge in how to manage the first difficult years of a company
- Business skills through education
- Development of new skills
- Access to venture capitals or other sources of funding
The services, which Womanitee project provides, are:
- Help Desk
The general objectives of the Womanitee project are:
- Strength the position of women in entrepreneurship and labor market
- Skills development
- Reintegration into the labor market
- Increasing female entrepreneurship
- Creating synergies with companies and organizations
- Development and interconnection of local communities
- Strengthen the Greek economy
Target group – participants
Target group are women who are interested in entrepreneurship and wants to create a company or already have a company.
Through the program’s services, women learn:
- To develop and operate their own business
- To utilize properly the talents and skills
- To cope with the difficult early years of entrepreneurship
- To make the business viable in long term
Why it has been selected as good practice
Womanitee project has been selected as a good practice, for the following reasons:
- Project focus on women who wants to create their companies or already are entrepreneurs and also to women who wants to re-enter to the labor market. Win on-line project also has as target group women who wants to create their own e-business and re-enter into the labor market.
- Through Womanitee project, it has been created the first center for women entrepreneurship in Greece, with the support of Municipalities and Ministry of Development and Investments (public sector) and the co-operation of several organisations, networks, federations, NGOs etc for entrepreneurship (private sector)
Through Womanitee project it has been created the first center for women entrepreneurship in Municipality of Amaroussion, on May 2019. This has been the result of the Pan-Hellenic Consultation on the support of women entrepreneurship in Greece.
Next steps are the creation of:
- Help desks in each municipality of Greece,
- Business hubs for supporting women who want to start their company or already have companies. Hubs will provide appropriate consulting, mentoring, guidance, development, promotion, education, financing and networking services.